Essay Editing Services
The Papercheck editors are well equipped for professional and thorough essay editing works. The editors carefully go through essays and make corrections in preparation for publication or final submission. The professional editors at Papercheck are able to satisfy the requirements of clients, be they complete editing tasks or brief proofreading services.
An effective essay is known for its ability to communicate information and ideas to the readers in a clear fashion. Essay editing services at Papercheck feature numerous important stages:
- Firstly, the editors read the essay in order to gain comprehension of the writing style, perspective and thesis statement of the writer
- The editor then combs through the essay sentence after sentence and word after word, while making corrections on spelling errors, grammar and punctuation
- Following this, the editor deletes and/ or inserts, where necessary, texts that aid the final essay to convey its information efficiently and unambiguously
- Every essay then goes through a technical review that ensures that the essay is free from mistakes pertaining to capitalization, punctuation, numbering, tenses, and so on
- Finally, all essays are formatted according to the requested styles of academic writing. These styles include APA, AP, MLA, AMA, ASA, Turabian, CSE and Chicago. The in-text citations and references are then checked for correct formatting
The importance of editing essays is known to most students. The art of effective editing is however possessed by only a few.
The tutorial provided offers a step-wise methodology of editing essays before they are finally submitted. The steps offered can be used for various papers, including conference papers, academic journals, class essays, and so on.
The guide provided consists of five (5) major steps. These are:
- Creating a Requirements’ Checklist
- Making a Reverse Outline for the draft paper
- Editing the content of the paper, including the arguments and writing
- Editing the format of the paper to enhance its adherence to stipulated styles and appearance
- Checking for any lingering mistakes/ issues in the paper through proofreading
Checking the Requirements
It is a sad fact that thousands of papers are often graded poorly or rejected because the students missed important portions of the instructions while writing the papers. Numerous other students also realize very late into the writing task that they have omitted an important step or requirement for the paper. The students then struggle to make necessary changes in the paper with very limited time left. The process of editing papers must thus begin by double checking whether the requirements have all been met or not.
The Reverse Outline
An RO (Reverse Outline) refers to a method of editing entire papers for content to ensure that the various arguments in the paper support the main point and that parts of the paper flow seamlessly.
A Reverse Outline can also be effectively used to take notes on important or difficult papers.
A Reverse Outline can be done by printing the paper and then hand writing important information in the paper’s margins, preferably left-hand. Alternatively, the writer can develop a reverse outline using a word processor by opening a new word document that is then used to review the old document in the computer.
Content editing is the portion that many people consider the crux of editing essays. During content editing, the writer requires step 1’s to-do list and step 2’s Reverse Outline. The writer must not forget the checklist of the requirements when editing content. The writer must not make the error of editing out content that are necessary for the requirements of the essay. By referring to the Requirements Checklist time after time, the editor is assisted to remain on track.
Editing the Paper’s Format
After reverse outlining and editing the content of the paper according to the instructions and the writer’s preference, the writer then moves to ensure that the paper’s appearance is at its best and is ready to be finally submitted for assessment.
Formatting is very useful for papers. Formatting includes ensuring the correct citation styles, margins, font style, font size, and captions for tables and figures.
The Final Proofreading of Paper
The final step of editing an essay is proofreading. The editor does well to do the proofreading in the final step since previous steps may come with considerable alterations to the paper which should eventually be proofread. Even though the writer corrects various errors and typos in the course of the previous steps one to four, it is still important to undertake a final proofreading procedure.
Note that even the best of writers can benefit immensely from an additional set of eyes on their papers. The writer can thus request a professional editor or a colleague to look over the essay, even as the writer also offers to do the same in return so that their skills in editing are also enhanced in the process. Students and learners who require assistance in editing can be connected with professional editors to provide the extra set of eyes. Additional information on such requests is availed at the end of the section.